If you’re new to the sugar lifestyle, a Sugar Daddy is a wealthy, older man who is happy to compensate your company with gifts or money. Known as Sugar Babies, the women who seek out these beneficiaries tend to be young and attractive, with aspirations to achieve a lifestyle that they might not otherwise be able to afford.
Typically, Sugar Babies are students or young women who want to supplement the way they live. With gifts, holidays and significant sums of money sometimes involved, it’s an attractive prospect and competition for Sugar Daddies can be fierce.
However, finding a Sugar Daddy is entirely possible thanks to the development of Sugar Daddy dating sites. If you want to know a little more about how to set the wheels in motion, we’ve created a short guide to get you started.
What to Keep in Mind while Dating a Sugar Daddy
Bagging yourself a gentleman companion with money to burn takes a little patience. With the number of Sugar Babies on the rise, it’s best not to expect overnight success – although it can happen. Instead, bide your time and wait for the right one to come along.
It’s worth remembering that for the men involved, sugar dating sites tend to require a monthly subscription whereas for Sugar Babies they tend to be free. As a result, you can find yourself pitted against seasoned Sugar Babies and newbies, so you’ll need to think carefully about how you present yourself, and how you develop your profile to have a chance of catching the eye of a Sugar Daddy.
Be sure to cast your net fairly wide and subscribe to several sites, rather than putting all of your effort into a single site, especially if it’s a high-traffic site. The chances are that you’ll see a few familiar faces in each of the sites you sign up to, but like your rivals, you’ve got to be in it to become a sugar baby!
How to Succeed on a Sugar Daddy Dating Site
Sugar Daddy dating is slightly different from conventional online dating because the stakes are higher. Here are a few tips to increase your chances of making a connection with the right man for your needs.
- Do your research. Many Sugar Daddies can be coy about what they do and who they are. They might be married, high-profile, or very private people. Sugar Daddy dating sites allow you to message multiple candidates. Do your best to establish a genuine connection, but it is also worth to check out their profiles to learn a little more about them to see how you can offer what they want.
- Get good-quality photographs. There’s plenty of research to suggest that men are visually driven, so a bad selfie just isn’t going to cut it when you’re talking to success-driven men. Take a look at the profile pictures shown by other Sugar Babies and see which you think are best. When it comes to having your own taken, it won’t hurt to emulate those of Sugar Babies that you think tick all the right boxes.
- Stereotypes tend to bracket Sugar Babies as ‘gold-diggers’, even though the relationship between a Sugar Daddy and Sugar Baby is consensual and built on respect.
- Many Sugar Babies receive gifts and cash for their conversation and company rather than sexual intimacy. Decide what you want and how far you’re prepared to get it, and be upfront about those boundaries from the very start.
- Use the website to help you. It might not be convenient for you to travel. Many Sugar Daddy dating sites employ locational services that allow you to find Sugar Daddies in your area. Not only does this make travel easier, but it also narrows the field of competition.
What they don’t tell you about
While the ideas of sex for gifts and cash are well documented, the one thing that many Sugar Babies aren’t prepared for is the idea of a genuine, emotional connection.
Having someone lavish you with gifts can be flattering and, to some degree, confusing. Always bear in mind that you are entering into a mutually-beneficial transaction. However, as with anything, there is the exception to the rule.
It is entirely possible for you to fall in love with your Sugar Daddy and to establish a deeper sugar daddy relationship. If this is reciprocated, then you can strike a new arrangement and enjoy the rest of your time together.
If not, then the best thing you can do is cut your losses and find another beneficiary and ensure that the emotional lines don’t become blurred. Honesty throughout is essential to prevent both you and your Sugar Daddy from getting emotionally scarred.