With a population of over 600,000 people, Indians form the third largest migrant group in Australia. It’s not surprising that more Australians tend to date men and women from India and the Far East as they are known for their desirable traits and beauty.
If you’re dreaming of your own Australian Bollywood love story, we show you the best apps and websites for dating Indian women and men.
What do I need to know?
Best Indian Dating Online
These are our top picks for Indian dating online. Find the best option for you.
- Basic membership costs nothing
- Quality, verified profiles
- Plenty of great reviews
- Trusted dating site
- Get started for $0
- One of Australia's largest online dating databases
- Make an account for free
- Indian dates in your city
- Meet your ideal match
- Easy and convenient interface
- Many success stories
- Plenty of attractive members for you to have fun with
- Costs $0 to join
- Connect with people like you
- Millions of uses worldwide
- Large database of verified & attractive Asian and European singles
- Efficient communication tools for real relationships
- Top-level safety and professional support
- Where you could find love and romance without boundaries
- Our instant messaging service brings you closer together than ever before.
- Best for: Singles looking for no strings attached fun
- Free membership: Free registration, limited
- Users: 54 million
- A picture with your profile isn't mandatory and you can send messages anonymously to other members
- Meet like-minded people
- You won't get bored
- 100% secure
- Free registration
- Meet real asian, european, and latino singles
- Real-time communication with efficient tools
- Professional dating services
- World’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans and queer people
- Encrypted chats
- Multiple features to determine the compatibility
- Play with gift, emojis, videos and stickers to surprise your matches
- Best for: Serious and Casual swiping
- Free membership: Free registration, limited
- Users: 50 million
Looking for similar sites?
The Most popular dating sites for Australian-Indians
Before you keep asking yourself “How can I find Indian girls near me”, you should chat to some of the over 800.000 users on IndianCupid. The site specializes in matching NRIs with their one true love.
Functioning as a matrimonial and dating website, Cupid Media’s service functions like an Indian tinder with an easy degree of usability and many special features for premium members.
As a paying member, you’ll get access to a live chat, you can enjoy unlimited messaging services and advanced matching mechanisms will set you up with the one who’s your perfect match.
On Mingle2 you can meet and chat with thousands of women and men from India or Australia completely for free!
The app is designed for heterosexual, bisexual and gay singles which makes it especially popular on the dating market.
Mingle2’s team is keen on offering you a safe dating experience. They strictly monitor all profiles to avoid scammers and you can block any user you don’t want to interact with.
You’ll find mostly positive user reviews for the app, but some reported glitches while using it on mobile.
Aisle is one of the apps on the dating market that clearly positions itself on the serious side of the spectrum.
It’s an app exclusively for Desis who want to find romance online and go on meaningful dates offline. Australian-Indians will meet many other locals to connect with.
You are able to read several beautiful success stories of wives and husbands who’ve found their significant other through the app.
Whether you’re Christian, Muslim or Hindu, the site will fit your needs.
What’s a bit on the negative side here is that you have to pay to interact with others. Only signing up and editing your profile is for free.
While it can be difficult to find your life partner in Australian society, Shaadi.com makes the life of many communities easier. Matrimony and arranged marriages are their field of expertise.
Among all Indian matrimony websites, it’s said to be the most reliable and user-friendly. With the help of extensive search filters, you can exactly costum who you’re searching for. If you’re new to dating online, Shaadi got you covered. Their popup toolbar guides you through your first steps on the website.
In case you shouldn’t be successful in finding someone to marry, Shaadi will return your money.
Click here for more Tips and guides on Indian Dating
What to consider when choosing an Indian dating app or Hindu marriage site
Flirts, a Hindu wedding or a long-term relationship?
Matchmaking is big in Indian culture which is why matrimonial websites that aim for Vivaah or Nikah are so popular amongst not only singles but also their families. But it could also be that you’re searching for something rather unconventionnal, like flirts or an interracial relationship.
It depends what kind of connection you want to end up in whether you should rather consult an agency or simply go and look for love yourself.
A big user base
A good dating site will give you the chance to meet the right loving and caring partner who matches your needs and desires.
You should make use of the free features of the site and scroll through their database just to get an impression of who’s registered.
Privacy & Security Policy
An Indian dating or matrimonial site should be easy to use and provide a secure environment to chat to a potential bride or groom in privacy.
Make sure that payments are encrypted at all times.
Check whether there’s a verification process for new members.
And last but not least, be wary about potential romance scams.
On free dating sites without payment, basic interactions, like contacting each other are completely free for singles. However, premium memberships can be really rewarding. They enable you access to the full features of the site and grant you a view of full member profiles.
If you’re ready to spend a little extra and successfully find your soulmate in return, you should definitely consider switching from a free to a paid subscription.
India has a large diversity of religious beliefs and ethnic groups, nevertheless there are common social and traditional similarities that a lot of Indians share and follow up to.
If you decide to become romantically involved with someone from India, you should be aware of things like the differences between Punjabi language and Hindi and about desi cultures in general.
If you’re someone who desires to meet Indian brides in Australia, be aware that her mother and father have a say in her choice of potential husband, especially in self-arranged marriages.
You should make a good impression, be humble and prove that you’re respectful of their life values.
Tips for a successful dating experience with Indian singles
If you’re completely new to online dating and you feel a little lost, here are some steps you will have to take that guide you through the registration process.
- Sign up by entering some basic personal information and an email and/or a phone number for verifying your identity.
- Answer questions about your education, looks, religious beliefs, your character traits and family status in as much detail as you like.
- Upload an engaging picture of yourself. Whether someone contacts you or not will often be determined by the look of your profile, so you should follow some basic instructions to take a nice photo of yourself.
- Answer questions on your preferences towards your potential match on hobbies, looks, social status, religion or belief, future goals etc.
- Familiarize yourself with the matchmaking functions of the chosen dating platform and/or search manually for profiles.
- Receive and write messages to potential partners.
Apart from that, there are some general tips you should follow when dating Hindu & NRI singles. Be culturally sensitive and do not fall for stereotypes, especially when meeting with the family.
- Family is important. Staying in close contact with their parents, especially with the mother, is fundamental for most men and women from India. Be ready to engage not only with your partner, but also with their close relatives.
- Fresh cooking and enjoying good food is celebrated. Be prepared to constantly try new delicious dishes from their cuisine.
- Just like everyone else, a lot of Indians have a success-driven attitude and high academic goals, therefore they can be demanding to their partners and claim a likewise attitude.
- Deciding to date someone from India means commitment.
Indian relationships can get serious and intense pretty fast. The potential partners in India are usually chosen at an earlier age than in Australia, so dating around is not as common as in western countries.
- However, it’s often not that common to show affection in public places. Holding hands can be okay while kissing while you’re out could be a no-go. Talk with your date about what they are comfortable with.
- Parents usually approve whether the couple can get married.
- Weddings tend to be grand rituals and usually take place over a few days. In both a muslim wedding (Nikah) or a hindu wedding ceremony (Vivaah), the ceremony is divided into three rituals: Kanyadaan, Panigrahana and Saptapadi
Remember – none of the mentioned points have to apply for your Indian match, so remain open-minded and avoid generalities.
In short: From the public display of affection to the topic of children, marriage and religion — all of these topics are as sensitive as they are important. You should have a clear mind and be open towards your partners ideals as well.
Pros & Cons of Indian online dating
- Traditions for marriage and love are attached to certain rules and cultural claims. Indian dating and matrimonial sites consider and provide the needed services in terms of religion, family status and other essential information for Indian users.
- From mail order brides to the girlfriend of your dreams, dating sites and apps have everything life could offer for you.
- All dating services you’re going to encounter will support multiculturalism and diversity, so you can find singles from different ethnic groups all over the world.
- Dating apps often arrange single meetups or events where you can get to know your date and other new people in a safe environment.
- It could be that the app and registered non-Indian users are relying on false stereotypes about your culture.
- The danger of frauds.
- Finding the one could take some time and you’ll possibly have to face several fails until you’ve found your significant other.
Why is Indian dating on the rise in Australia?
The Indian population in Australia is increasing and so are the desires to flirt and meet Indian men and women.
The number of non-resident Indians (NRI) in Australia is at a seven year high and therefore more and more Indians are looking for that special someone down under.
Moreover, studying abroad is an admired goal among Indian girls and gents, so a lot of Indian students are enrolling in Australia’s universities.
This leads to more and more romantic engagements between local Aussies and NRIs all over the country. As Indian girls tend to be marvellous and smart and the men are known for their superficial charm and success-driven attitude, there is nothing surprising about that trend.
A growing number of Hindu ladies and guys are not too attached to their ancestor´s traditions and like to date and meet outside of their family’s cultural expectations.
Indian Dating sites are aware of this progress towards liberal views and provide algorithms based on a wide spectrum of personal information to deliver their users the most appropriate matches, whether they look for casual flirts or serious relationships.