- Create a free account
- Join hundreds of users near you
- Find your flavour
- Sign up for free
- Meet Asian singles nearby
- Seamless chat feature
- It's free to start a profile
- Meet a wide range of people
- Open-minded community
Looking for similar dating sites?
Attitudes towards interracial couples have changed considerably over the years, and for the better, too. Today, it’s easier than ever for interracial singles to find that perfect match, thanks to interracial dating sites.
You’ll find plenty of biracial sites out there in cyberspace but, like hunting for any online service, finding the best sites can be a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack. Whether you prefer to use a dating website or app, this guide’s for you.
How does interracial dating work?
Blowing the myths out of the water
There are some common misconceptions about using an interracial dating site or app. The first is that these sites are somehow different from others, purely because there is a mix of culture, religion and ethnic backgrounds.
The truth is that the sites works in just the same way as any other dating site, although you may have to be extra vigilant when it comes to etiquette. It’s far too easy to cause unintended offence, so it’s worth being as respectful as you can until you get to know someone.
The best sites will offer a level of free membership. This is a great way to test the waters and see if they offer what you’re looking for before you take out a subscription.
Typically, free membership will offer limited resources and may exclude certain services, such as the ability to send private messages or seeing other users’ profiles. If you’re on the lookout for love, upgrading your status to fully-paid membership is the best way to unlock all the little extras.
Whether you subscribe or not, you’ll need to do certain things, such as choosing a username or ID. However, if you’re taking out a subscription, you’ll probably need an email address through which to register. This may also be used for communications from the site and from any interested matches.
Other sites may require that you have an active social media page through which to register. Some of the best sites use this as a method of ensuring that the users they admit are genuine. Your information or subscription won’t be shared; it’s just to check you are who you say you are.
Subscribing to an this type of dating site works in just the same way as it does with any other. You’ll need to choose a payment plan and give your payment details, in order to begin your subscription.
As a rule of thumb, it’s always worth checking out whether a dating site’s subscriptions are auto-renewing. This means that, unless you cancel before the end of your subscription period, your membership with automatically renew and you’ll be charged accordingly.
The dos and don’ts of using an interracial dating site
If you’ve never used this type of dating site before, you may be concerned about how to conduct yourself online. The short answer is to conduct yourself with as much respect for another person’s culture, religion or ethnic background as you would in the ‘real’ world.
However, just to ensure that you don’t cause any accidental offence or say the wrong thing, here’s some dating advice that you might want to consider, while on your search for the perfect match.
- Ask questions about another user’s culture. This is part of the ‘getting to know you’ process and not something to be afraid of.
- Explain why you find aspects of another culture, religion or ethnic background positive and how they are important to you.
- Discuss things that make you laugh.
- Listen. Letting another person communicate their thoughts, hopes and feelings is one of the most effective things you can do when looking for love.
- Use racial, derogatory or inflammatory language. The best sites are for like-minded people, who are looking for a match from another culture.
- Refer to stereotypes. Most people from other races, ethnic minorities or religious faiths are marginalised on a daily basis and don’t want to be reminded of this.
- Discuss what it is you find negative about another culture or ethnic background. If this is on your list of things to do, the site probably isn’t for you.
- Talk about yourself to the exclusion of all other conversation. Regardless of your ethnic background, self-centeredness is a universally unattractive quality and won’t earn you any friends.
Check out our Tips & Guides page for Interracial Dating
Why interracial dating is good
If you decide to use this type of site to find love, the chances are that you are someone with an open mind, who is willing to learn new points of view and gain a greater understanding of other cultures.
It’s also more likely that you are someone who doesn’t care about trivia such as skin colour; you are interested in people from other cultures, simply because they are people, rather than a representative of another race.
However, if you need any other reasons to remind you why biracial dating can be a good thing, here are a few you might not have thought of:
- You are casting your net far wider than those who prefer to date within their own culture. A wider net means greater option which, hopefully, means there’s a greater chance of finding your perfect match.
- Dating someone from another culture or ethnic background might give you the opportunity to learn a new language or even visit countries you’d never previously considered.
- While you’ll gain an insight into the positives of your partner’s background, you’ll also gain an understanding of the challenges they experience as a result of their religious beliefs, culture or ethnic background, which can only serve to enrich you as a person.
Which is the best interracial dating site?
In short, the best interracial dating sites are the ones that offer the most to you on a personal level. Before you decide which interracial site is going to be the one that you’ll subscribe to, it’s worth test-driving a few and factoring some of the following points.
- Are they all-inclusive? If a doesn’t fully represent all cultures then it can’t truly call itself interracial. The best sites are open to everyone.
- Do they offer free membership? It doesn’t matter whether the services are limited at this level; using free membership gives you the chance to explore a site and see what’s on offer before you even consider taking out a subscription.
- Do they use methods of verification? The best sites will either require you to use an email or have an active social media page when it comes to signing up. This is to help ensure that users are genuine and are using the site for the right reasons.
- Are the rules and regulations clearly displayed? Unfortunately, there’s always plenty of opportunities for trolls to sneak in through the back door. Check to see the site’s policies on offensive behaviour and see that they have proper procedures in place for reporting and/or blocking users who cross the line.
- Be sure that all methods of payment are secure and encrypted. You should only be asked for payment details when taking out a subscription. If you’re asked at any other time, then it might be time to walk away.
- Some of the best sites will offer articles or posts containing interracial dating advice. While some of them might be preaching to the converted, there are also some hidden gems worth reading.