Our Australian trans dating guide looks at the best ways to meet transgender people. You also have tips here for positive transgender dating experiences and online dating options. Whether you are looking for a TS dating site or app, you can choose from our comprehensive rankings.
Trans* Dating online
These are our top recommendations for meeting trans* singles online. Pick the option for you.
- Thousands of local singles
- Access to sexy member diaries
- Free registration
- Discrete payment for full account
- Scientific approach to matchmaking
- Find lasting love
- Connect with compatible singles in Australia
- Use for free
- User friendly platform
- Find interesting peoople, close to you
- Pay nothing to join
- Used globally
- Personalised matches
- Meet great people
- Inbuilt video chat feature
- Best for: Singles looking for no strings attached fun
- Free membership: Free registration, limited
- Users: 54 million
Personality assessment for enhanced screening
Global reach. Match with like-minded singles all over the world
Smart matching finds your most compatible partners
Meet your equal in values, lifestyle, and career ambition
In-depth profiling and unlimited search means unlimited matching
- Meet open-minded people
- Flexible payment plans for added features
- Free registration
- Explore your wildest fantasies with Aussiebang!
- Perfect match for a sex and fuck
- Easy sign up process
- Popular online communication platform with Slavic women
- A variety of verified, active and up-to-date profiles
- Protected by world's leading certificate authorities
- Women here are very easy-going
- 100% chances to find your perfect match
- Personal Data Remains Confidential
At SingleCupids, we believe that great relationships start with great conversations. Connect with like-minded individuals, share experiences, and ignite sparks of romance. Your next meaningful connection is just a chat away!
- Chat & Connect: Engage in lively, meaningful chats with other singles. Whether you're sharing stories or discussing interests, it's all about building connections.
- Experience Exchange: Share your experiences and learn from others. Discover the richness of different backgrounds and life journeys.
- Dating Redefined: Find potential partners who resonate with your interests and values, making dating an enriching and fulfilling experience.
- Virtual Events: Join exciting online events and themed gatherings to meet new people and create memorable experiences.
- Privacy & Security: Your data and interactions are safe with us. SingleCupids takes privacy and security seriously to ensure a worry-free dating experience.
- Diverse Russian & Ukrainian Women
- 3000+ Profiles
- Unique Matching
- Best for: Finding your local flirt
- Free membership: Free registration, limited
- Users: over 1 million
- There are enough online Slavic girls to interact with on the platform.
- The engagement is high thanks to access messaging functions.
- Create meaningful and long-lasting relationships with like-minded singles
- Best for: Quick contact
- Free membership: Free registration, limited
- Users: 90,000
- Meet real asian, european, and latino singles
- Real-time communication with efficient tools
- Professional dating services
- Casual sex encounter with HotUkrainians
- Experience the thrill of online sex dating
- Find your perfect HotUkrainians match
- Large database of verified & attractive Asian and European singles
- Efficient communication tools for real relationships
- Our instant messaging service brings you closer together than ever before.
Looking for different dating sites?
Our advice aims to be useful and welcoming to all gender identities and sexual orientations. We want you to get the most out of transgender dating sites for casual or serious relationships.
Best trans dating apps and sites
The best platforms for trans dating are different for every person. Here are some questions to consider when looking at trans dating apps and sites:
- Does the dating platform cater to the trans community?
- Are the profile creation options gender-inclusive?
- Are there LGBTQ filtering settings?
- Are messaging options safe for the transgender community?
- Do you have to pay a premium membership fee for key features?
- Are fake profiles a problem on the service?
- Can you comfortably use the service on iOS and Android devices?
Casual TS dating platforms
Here are some TS dating apps geared more towards casual relationships or hookups.
Grindr is a location-focussed LGBT dating app. It gives users in-depth search options as well as settings to accept NSFW photos from other users. While Grindr was initially associated with gay men, its scope has broadened. It differentiates itself from other dating services by offering networking features and covering LGBTQ+ community issues.
Grindr has two paid options (XTRA and Unlimited) that reduce or remove limits and ads.
OkCupid lets users choose from 22 genders and 20 orientations. It incorporates gender identity inclusive design into its features. For example, you can add preferred pronouns to your profile and use LGBT-specific privacy controls to ensure safe online dating.
OkCupid has three premium membership options (Basic, Premium and Incognito). The first two remove ads, lift limits, and show who likes you. The Incognito option makes your profile invisible except for accounts you interact with.
Adult Friend Finder
Adult Friend Finder is a popular adult casual encounters dating platform. TS singles and couples can create detailed profiles. Adult Friend Finder is geared towards explicit and mature interactions both online and in-person. The dating service also has forums so members can discuss their intimate preferences with like-minded people.
Adult Friend Finder has a paid membership that lets users send and receive messages, view full profiles, and watch webcam streams.
TSER or TRANSDR is aimed at a Trans, non-binary, crossdresser, transvestite, and queer user base. It’s only available as a mobile app on iOS and Android. This dating app also provides TG personals for anyone looking to meet trans singles. This app requires a paid membership from the start.
Taimi is a recent app for the whole LGBTQ+ community. It works like a social network but it’s also made for dating. On Taimi you can meet queer people in a safe space. Sending chat requests is a premium feature on Taimi, you need to sign up for a paid membership.
TS dating sites for serious relationships
These online dating sites and apps are for transgender singles looking for serious relationships.
Butterfly is a TS dating platform developed for the trans community. This transexual dating site also allows users to display details such as FTM or MTF as part of their dating profile and other inclusive details.
Thoughtful safety features like chat autocorrect edit transphobic terms such as shemale dating or ladyboys. The chatroom automatically suggests respectful alternatives such as “trans man”.
Butterfly has a paid VIP membership that unlocks unrestricted messaging.
Bumble is a dating app with inclusive gender identity options. You are not limited to just men and women. There are also thoughtful settings that give users a choice of how to display gender on their profile. Bumble is sensitive to gender-fluid needs by letting users update their gender at any time.
While you can match and message with people for free, Bumble does put swipe limits on free accounts to encourage users to pay for a premium membership.
Badoo also has inclusive gender identity options available when you sign up. This dating site takes user safety and profile verification seriously. While you can pay for Badoo Premium, you are not missing out on any key features by using the free account.
What to expect from a TS dating site or app
These are the main things to expect on a TS dating site or app.
Acceptance is the most important aspect of any trans dating site. Trans singles and cis people interested in trans dates need safe and welcoming options to interact.
Whether you make new friends on a dating service like MyTransexualDate or a social media site, online services are starting to better cater to the needs of trans communities.
Discretion is still necessary today because being safe on dating websites doesn’t automatically translate to safety in the real world. It’s for this reason that the best trans dating apps for Australians take steps to protect data and offer anonymity when messaging or viewing profiles.
Diverse potential matches
Diverse potential matches are easily found on any dating app or site that caters to trans communities. Most dating services will have extensive filtering options that let you narrow down searches according to your most desirable criteria.
Safety for trans dating communities requires more than just online privacy and security. The best trans dating apps have reminders and resources to reinforce personal safety guidelines.
How to choose the right TS dating app or site
The best trans dating apps have the following features:
- Free membership: Trans dating sites and services have a majority of features available to those who sign up to a free account. While premium memberships lift limits or add certain features, the core parts of the dating service are available for free.
- Inclusive and representative gender and orientation is the bare minimum when it comes to trans dating services. Dating platforms that only have men or women as gender options are not suitable for trans people.
- Proactive safety features and guidelines are essential to make transgender dating secure and enjoyable. Whatever TS dating app you go with, see whether it has clear community guidelines outlining how users are expected to behave and features that keep you safe online.
- Secure and discrete payment options are a basic requirement if you plan on signing up for a premium membership. Good trans dating services offer encrypted payment options to ensure your financial information is safe.
Transgender dating: Tips for better TS dating experiences
To make your trans dating experience a success, follow these tips:
Pick the right profile photo
The best profile photo for you will depend on what you want to show on your profile. It’s worth checking photo policies on the trans dating platform of your choice.
Some dating sites require you to show your face while others don’t. The same goes for explicit photos or not having a photo at all. Make sure you can present yourself in the way you feel most comfortable.
Profile verification is common across many trans dating apps and sites. Verification features help to reduce the impact of scammers and fake profiles on trans dating platforms. Many dating platforms limit access to features for unverified accounts. So to get the most out of online dating, you need to have a verified account.
Profile verification sometimes requires a profile photo which is why it’s important to check the signup requirements on the dating apps you are interested in.
Use search filters to see user profiles that match your interests and preferences. Trans dating sites and apps will approach sorting profiles differently. Some only have basic gender and orientation compatibility settings while others have matchmaking algorithms with extensive lifestyle search filters.
Trans dating: Do’s & Don’ts
The do’s and don’ts for positive trans dating experiences are primarily aimed at cisgender people looking to date trans men and women.
Do ask for pronouns early & Don’t misgender trans people
If a potential trans date has not put their pronouns on their dating profile, it’s a good thing to ask them their pronouns when you start talking or on your first date. Until they tell you what their pronouns are, it’s ok to use “they” temporarily to avoid misgendering.
Do respect boundaries & Don’t ask intrusive questions
Transgender women and men have the same right to privacy as you do. While it’s normal to have questions for a new partner that does not mean you have the right to ask intrusive questions. Given the difficulties trans people face, trust is an important requirement before personal or sensitive details are shared.
Do treat trans dates with respect & Don’t hide insecurities
Trans dates deserve the same respect as anyone else. This includes standing by and unconditionally supporting your date in uncomfortable situations in public.
Another aspect of respect is good communication and not hiding insecurities. Whenever possible, open and honest communication is important.
Difficulties of dating as a trans person
While dating apps and most Australians are taking steps to be inclusive, the trans dating experience isn’t automatically as respectful as it should be. A recent report by Stonewall (a respected LGBTQ advocacy group) highlighted the stark reality of being trans, which goes beyond the issue of microaggressions.
- 50% of trans people have to conceal who they are at work or school.
- 50% of transgender women and men hide that they are LGBT.
- 12.5% of the trans community has been physically attacked by a work colleague or customer.
- 25% of trans women and men are subjected to domestic violence.
- 25% of trans people have been homeless at some point in their life.
The significant obstacles shown by these recent statistics illustrate the difficulties of being a trans person. This is because not being able to reliably count on family support, having to hide at work, and being more likely to be assaulted as a trans person affects all personal interactions – including dating.
Trans dating: FAQs
Get answers to your transgender dating questions here. Feel better prepared when talking to a potential transgender partner.
Where can I find a transgender dating site in Australia?
You can find trans dating site recommendations right at the start of this page. You can also find reviews of trans dating sites or apps below this FAQ in addition to more information on free TS dating site options.
How do I start talking to a transgender person online?
You can start talking to a trans person by telling them what caught your eye in their profile. It could be anything from saying something nice about their photo to asking about interests they’ve listed on their page.
The bottom line is that you’re starting a conversation with someone you find attractive. You want to show that you are positively interested in them as a unique person.
What is it like dating a trans person?
There is no single answer to what dating a trans person is like for everyone. The best way of thinking about dating a transgender partner is to take gender out of the equation.
Think about what dating is like for you. What are the things you value in a relationship? What does a wonderful date entail in your mind? Once you’ve answered those questions for yourself, you will have the answer to what dating a trans person can be like.
If you are thinking about what TS dating is like in terms of those around you, then have a look at the answers below.
What is my sexual orientation if I’m dating transgender people?
What your sexual orientation is or isn’t if you’re dating transgender people is something only you decide. You also don’t need to have an answer right away. It is completely normal not to know or to be unsure. You are under no obligation to define your sexual orientation for other people.
If you are wondering about your sexual orientation, it’s worth finding reliable LGBTQ resources, such as GLAAD, Stonewall, and the LGBT Foundation. You can also speak to supportive people you trust to help you find your very own answer.
How do I introduce my transgender date to friends and family?
You introduce your transgender date to friends and family like you would anyone else you’ve introduced before. You give your date’s name and maybe some brief details about how you met. The fact that your date is trans does not change social norms or expectations of politeness.
If for some reason you cannot expect basic decency from your friends and family, this is something you must discuss with your date to figure out what to do.