Finding the dating app that works best for you can improve your chances of meeting the right person. Hinge and Bumble are popular apps in the online dating world. Find out which one is best suited to your dating needs. See how features and prices compare between the two dating apps.
Picking the right dating app: Hinge vs Bumble
The right dating app for you will be the one that most closely matches your romantic preferences, which can include the type of relationship, intimacy needs, as well as lifestyle goals. Dating apps are a bit like soft drink, everyone has a favourite. That could well be Bumble, Hinge, or something else.
Online dating app recommendations
Before you pick your favourite, be sure to have a look at our dating app recommendations.
Best dating app recommendations
These are our top picks for online dating. Find the best options for you.
- Meet real asian, european, and latino singles
- Real-time communication with efficient tools
- Professional dating services
- Free membership options
- Meet people with genuine intentions
- Trusted app globally
- Best for: Singles looking for no strings attached fun
- Free membership: Free registration, limited
- Users: 54 million
- Free to use
- Meet people without delay
- Browse quality user profiles
- Large database of verified & attractive Asian and European singles
- Efficient communication tools for real relationships
- Our instant messaging service brings you closer together than ever before.
Personality assessment for enhanced screening
Global reach. Match with like-minded singles all over the world
Smart matching finds your most compatible partners
Meet your equal in values, lifestyle, and career ambition
In-depth profiling and unlimited search means unlimited matching
- Meet open-minded people
- Flexible payment plans for added features
- Free registration
- Explore your wildest fantasies with Aussiebang!
- Perfect match for a sex and fuck
- Easy sign up process
- Popular online communication platform with Slavic women
- A variety of verified, active and up-to-date profiles
- Protected by world's leading certificate authorities
- Women here are very easy-going
- 100% chances to find your perfect match
- Personal Data Remains Confidential
At SingleCupids, we believe that great relationships start with great conversations. Connect with like-minded individuals, share experiences, and ignite sparks of romance. Your next meaningful connection is just a chat away!
- Chat & Connect: Engage in lively, meaningful chats with other singles. Whether you're sharing stories or discussing interests, it's all about building connections.
- Experience Exchange: Share your experiences and learn from others. Discover the richness of different backgrounds and life journeys.
- Dating Redefined: Find potential partners who resonate with your interests and values, making dating an enriching and fulfilling experience.
- Virtual Events: Join exciting online events and themed gatherings to meet new people and create memorable experiences.
- Privacy & Security: Your data and interactions are safe with us. SingleCupids takes privacy and security seriously to ensure a worry-free dating experience.
- Diverse Russian & Ukrainian Women
- 3000+ Profiles
- Unique Matching
- Zero cost registrations
- Get your flirt on almost instantly
- More than a million users
- There are enough online Slavic girls to interact with on the platform.
- The engagement is high thanks to access messaging functions.
- Create meaningful and long-lasting relationships with like-minded singles
- Best for: Quick contact
- Free membership: Free registration, limited
- Users: 90,000
- Casual sex encounter with HotUkrainians
- Experience the thrill of online sex dating
- Find your perfect HotUkrainians match
- Free to get started
- Compatibility based matchmaking
- Meet the love of your life
Hinge vs Bumble: where are they different?
Here are the most important differences between Hinge and Bumble.
|Who is it for?||Younger singles looking for meaningful connections through online dating. This may include serious dating.||Singles looking for a variety of relationship options, inclusive features, and swipe-based browsing.|
|Registration details||Requires a Facebook account unless you sign up with a phone number. Quick registration process.||Requires a Facebook or Apple account unless you sign up with a phone number. Quick registration process.|
|Memberships and profiles||20 million users have joined Hinge, about 1 million pay for a Hinge Preferred user account.||50 million users have joined Bumble, impressive growth for this younger app.|
|Premium service||Free service includes messaging. Paid subscription adds more perks to improve experience on app.||Free service includes messaging. Paid subscription adds more perks to improve experience on app.|
|Pros||Messaging and main features are free. Matchmaking approach for younger users.||Messaging and main features are free. Inclusive sign-up options. Unique “women message first” feature.|
|Cons||There are quite a few inactive and fake accounts cropping up on Hinge.||Not necessarily focused on long-term relationships and older users.|
With both apps offering core features for free, it’s worth comparing what they do best and where they differ.
How is Hinge better than Bumble?
Hinge was designed as a dating app that encourages meaningful connections. This means that the user experience is exclusively designed for mobile phones. Instead of having time-consuming personality questionnaires to fill out on a cramped screen, Hinge only has three initial questions and keeps the number of deal breaker options manageable.
Viewing profiles on Hinge doesn’t mean passively swiping like on Tinder or Bumble. While you can do that to a certain extent, Hinge makes browsing through profiles a much more interactive experience.
You can respond to part of a user’s profile instead of just liking or disliking it wholesale. By interacting with the profile—for example, by playing voice memos—you unlock more parts of the profile. This slows down the profile browsing process while also reducing mindless swiping.
The result is the potential for more meaningful interactions on Hinge. This happens not just through text and pictures but also through the ability to hear snippets of the other person’s voice as they respond to certain prompts.
Did you know?
- Hinge has slightly more female users than male ones. The current gender breakdown on this dating app is 45% men and 55% women.
- Hinge is wholly owned by Match Group, the makers of another dating heavyweight app—Match.
- Hinge uses this provocative tagline to attract new users: The dating app designed to be deleted. The company’s advertising focuses on users who have met someone and are about to delete the Hinge app off their phones.
How is Bumble better than Hinge?
The feature Bumble is most known for is that “women make the first move.” When a man and a woman match, the woman has a full day to decide whether to initiate a conversation.
The man can only message once the woman has sent the opening message within the 24-hour window. After that, there are no limits for either person in that same chat.
If the woman who matches with a man does not start a conversation within 24 hours, the match expires. This means that the potential chat between two matched users disappears after a day.
This limitation is considered a feature on Bumble. It came about as a way to challenge dating stereotypes where men are meant to “make the first move.” Another plus point is that it may tackle the rampant problem of inappropriate messages on dating services.
Bumble isn’t just for heterosexual men and women. For same-gender matches, either person can get the conversation going. The 24-hour match expiration is still there, so if neither person writes, the match elapses after a day.
Just like Tinder, seeing matches on Bumble involves swiping left and right to state whether you like the profile. Profiles are simply laid out with an emphasis on photos, followed by a short bio and key details.
Bumble also lets you link up with other apps like Instagram and Spotify, which adds content to your profile with little effort. This is convenient because it allows your profile to be constantly updated with your latest music recommendations and photos from those services.
Did you know?
Bumble was founded by Whitney Wolfe Herd, who had worked at Tinder and successfully sued the company. Bumble was created with help of Andrey Andreev, founder of Badoo.
Bumble isn’t just a dating app. It can also be set to BFF or BIZZ modes for non-romantic relationships. These modes are designed to help you make new friends or network professionally.
Hinge vs Bumble: which one is cheaper?
Hinge pricing sits somewhere between Bumble entry-level and high tier pricing. Compare how much Hinge vs Bumble cost below.
|Hinge Preferred||Bumble Boost||Bumble Premium|
|1 month||A$41.57 per month||A$23.55 per month||A$55.44 per month|
|3 months||A$27.71 per month||A$15.71 per month||A$35.57 per month|
|6 months||A$20.78 per month||A$12.71 per month||n/a|
|Lifetime||n/a||n/a||A$318.82 one-time fee|
*Pricing provided for illustrative purposes based on available information at the time of writing.
While Bumble has two subscription levels, Hinge only has one. Hinge is more expensive than Bumble Boost but cheaper than Bumble Premium. Let’s take a look at what extra features you get for each subscription.
Free vs paid features: how do these apps stack up?
Hinge vs Bumble bring different approaches to their dating app services while offering core features for free. Let’s take a closer look at what each one brings to the table.
Hinge features: free vs paid options
This comparison stacks the features that free Hinge users have access to against the premium perks available once you start paying for this dating app.
|Hinge free features||Hinge paid features|
|✅ Create a profile||✅ Create a profile|
|✅ Limited likes||✅ Unlimited likes|
|✅ Basic filtering options (dealbreakers)||✅ Advanced filtering options (dealbreakers)|
|✅ Send messages to users you match with||✅ Send messages to users who have liked you in addition to ones you matched with|
|✅ See who has liked your profile|
At a first glance, Hinge Preferred users don’t seem to get that many extra features compared to free users. However instead of just adding extra features, like Bumble, Hinge opts for expanding its existing features. Let’s take a closer look at how they do this:
- Likes: Free users can only interact with a limited number of profiles. That limit is lifted for Hinge Preferred users.
- Filtering (Dealbreakers): Free users can filter by gender, age, location, ethnicity, distance, and religion. Paid users have the following extra filtering options on top of the free ones: height, smoking, drugs, children, and politics.
A significant feature when you pay for Hinge is seeing who has liked your profile. This allows you to instantly match with them and therefore message them. This feature greatly speeds up meeting and chatting with people on Hinge.
Bumble features compared
Compare features side-by-side to see which Bumble option is a better fit for you.
|Bumble Free Features||Bumble Boost Features||Bumble Premium Features|
|✅ Create a profile||✅ Create a profile||✅ Create a profile|
|✅ Add photos||✅ Add photos||✅ Add photos|
|✅ View main profiles||✅ View main profiles||✅ View main profiles|
|✅ Send and receive messages with matches*||✅ Send and receive messages with matches*||✅ Send and receive messages with matches*|
|✅ Link up to Spotify and Instagram to fill your profile||✅ Link up to Spotify and Instagram to fill your profile||✅ Link up to Spotify and Instagram to fill your profile|
|✅ Extend unlimited matches for an extra 24 hours||✅ Extend unlimited matches for an extra 24 hours|
|✅ Unlimited swipes||✅ Unlimited swipes|
|✅ Undo swipes||✅ Undo swipes|
|✅ One Spotlight per week||✅ One Spotlight per week|
|✅ Five SuperSwipes a week||✅ Five SuperSwipes a week|
|✅ See who likes you (Beeline)|
|✅ Incognito mode|
|✅ Match again with expired matches|
|✅ Travel mode|
* Unlimited messaging with matches. If the match is between a man and woman, the woman has to message within 24 hours for free unlimited messaging to be available.
The main decision to make between the different Bumble paid plans is whether you want to see who likes you. On Bumble, this feature is called “Beeline” and is only available on the more expensive Premium membership.
If you’re someone who travels a lot, “Travel mode” on Bumble could also be very practical. It lets you select different locations, view profiles at your destination, and crucially match with them ahead of your trip. This means that when you arrive, you will already have someone to meet up with.
Which dating app is better for you? Hinge vs Bumble
See what the pros and cons of Hinge vs Bumble are, so you can decide which app is better for you.
Hinge pros and cons
These are the advantages and disadvantages of the Hinge dating app.
|✅ Core features available for free users||❌ Limited likes for free users|
|✅Combines swipe-based interface with more interactive features||❌ More expensive than Bumble Boost|
|✅ 4.4 out of 5 review score on Apple App store|
Bumble pros and cons
These are the advantages and disadvantages of the Bumble dating app.
|✅ Fully operational for free users||❌ Less focused on serious relationships and compatibility|
|✅ Bumble Boost is good value for money||❌ Users have to swipe through a lot of profiles and do most of the selection work|
|✅ 4.2 out of 5 review score and Editor’s Choice award on Apple App store|
Hinge vs Bumble: final thoughts
Both Bumble and Hinge are great options for meeting someone online. Which one you choose depends on how much you like swiping through profiles or not. If you do, then Bumble is a better option.
The good news is that both Hinge and Bumble are free to use. Both dating apps are well established and have good reputations. This means that if you’re undecided, there is no harm in trying both.
Hinge vs Bumble FAQ
You can find answers to common Hinge vs Bumble questions below.
Is Bumble better than Hinge?
Bumble is better if you enjoy swiping through profiles like you would on Tinder. Hinge is better if you are specifically looking for a meaningful connection and like features like voice snippets and more profile interaction.
Is Bumble legit?
Bumble is definitely a legitimate dating app. The dating service has been around for many years and is backed by serious investors. Bumble has robust online security policies to make sure user profiles are valid.
Which is cheaper: Hinge vs Bumble?
Bumble is cheaper than Hinge when you go for the Bumble Boost subscription. However, Hinge Preferred is cheaper than Bumble Premium. The cheapest option is ultimately trying both for free.
Compare dating apps
Find out what dating app is best for you thanks to our dating app comparisons.
- Plenty Of Fish vs Zoosk
- Bumble vs Tinder
- Zoosk vs EliteSingles
- Match vs eharmony
- Zoosk vs eharmony
- EliteSingles vs eharmony
- OkCupid vs eharmony
- eharmony vs Bumble
- eharmony vs Hinge
- Match vs Zoosk
- Tinder vs eharmony
- Hinge vs Bumble
- Hinge vs Zoosk
- SilverSingles vs eharmony
- RSVP vs eharmony
- Christian Mingle vs eharmony