Cairns has a population of about 153,000 people. This tropical part of Queensland is a great place to meet singles. Out of the general population, there are a few thousand singles in the area. This is why dating in Cairns is worth it.
Join the dating scene in Cairns and become one of the Cairns singles looking for love! There are plenty of singles events in the city as well as bars that are singles-friendly. Let’s look at what dating in Cairns is like.
Dating in Cairns: Where Can I Meet People in Cairns?
Many people meet other singles in Cairns through dating apps, dating websites, and a few events like speed dating events.
You may be surprised by how many ways you can meet someone special in this city!
The best dating apps for Cairns are also common apps across the world. Many people in this city use Tinder, C-Date, and Badoo.
Badoo allows users to search for celebrity lookalikes, then matching with them. Tinder lets people swipe left or swipe right on people they find attractive. C-Date is popular among singles because it matches you based on compatibility.
Below are our top 5 recommendations for dating platforms in Cairns.
Best Dating Apps and Websites in Cairns
Take a look at our selection of the best dating services to meet singles in Cairns.
- Free account creation
- Educated, attractive singles
- Meet people with similar wants and needs
- Many new love seekers joining daily
- No fees to create a profile
- Thousands of people joining daily
- Proven track record of successful matchmaking
- Start chatting to like-minded people today
- Easy and convenient interface
- Many success stories
- Plenty of attractive members for you to have fun with
- #1 trusted dating app in Australia
- For serious, long-term relationships
- Free registration
- It costs nothing to get started
- Match with people with similar interests
- Find genuine connection and chemistry
- Large database of verified & attractive Asian and European singles
- Efficient communication tools for real relationships
- Top-level safety and professional support
- Where you could find love and romance without boundaries
- Our instant messaging service brings you closer together than ever before.
- Best for: Singles looking for no strings attached fun
- Free membership: Free registration, limited
- Users: 54 million
- Meet real asian, european, and latino singles
- Real-time communication with efficient tools
- Professional dating services
Cairns Singles: Where Do Singles Meet in Cairns?
Singles in Cairns meet at many places around town in addition to online. One popular bar in town is the Conservatory Bar. It is a wine bar with live music on the weekends. Perfect for going out with friends and making new ones!
Single Events in Cairns
Meetup.com and Eventbrite are popular sites that show single events in the area. You can buy tickets and sign up for these sites directly online. Bringing another single friend along may make it less awkward and more fun for the both of you!
There are always offerings for singles events in Cairns.
Speed Dating Events in Cairns
Similar to the singles events, speed dating events do occur now and then in Cairns. Sometimes, resorts of this tropical town will hold singles speed dating events!
The Shangri-La Hotel on The Pier at the Marina hosts a periodic speed dating for those who are over 18. Have a cocktail, eat the provided canapés, and meet new singles. Just be sure that you dress to impress as these aren’t casual events.
What’s Dating Like in Cairns?
Dating in Cairns is a bit different from other cities. This is because it is a relatively small town in terms of population. However, with a little effort and an open mind, you can still meet up with people looking to connect with someone new.
There are great bars and fun events for singles to enjoy, despite the city’s small size.
Rules/Tips for Dating in Cairns
As with any city, be as sure as you can that the person you have met online or in an app is the person they say they are. Offer to hold a double date if you are not sure, and bring along one of your friends.
As nearly half of the population of Cairns is married (according census data), you may need to date aggressively, meaning you can’t be afraid to make the first move. As the competition to date is steep, you should also prepare yourself for the eventuality of being turned down more than you might expect.
It is also a good rule of thumb to meet the person in a public setting or venue. Be sure to drive yourself to the first meeting and let a trusted person know where you are.
The final tip is to be sure that you enjoy yourself and have fun! Don’t take dating too seriously.
Find your dating in the Australia city guide below: