Regardless of whether you are a single lady or a gentleman, dating in Darwin is a good choice. According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics data, Darwin has the highest ratio of men to women in Australia, with 111 men for every 100 women.
In addition, some suburbs in Darwin have more singles than the others, making them a better choice to find a date. Areas with the highest numbers of single households include
- Coconut Grove
Darwin is a city of single people. Singles are drawn to the city because of the job opportunities and year-round warm weather.
What do I need to know?
Dating in Darwin: How Do I Meet People in Darwin?
Meeting people in Darwin may not be as challenging as you think. With the city’s nightlife and a vast array of activities in the day, finding the right fit for you should come somewhat easily.
If nightlife is your thing, Mitchell Street in the heart of Darwin is home to several bars and clubs where spotting the perfect someone for a casual evening could lead to more.
If you prefer a calmer, daytime atmosphere far from the hustle and bustle of Darwin at night, Mindil Beach or events like Saucy Sunday Pool Party hosted by The Youth Shack Darwin Backpackers are great places to meet new people.
Of course, finding the perfect dating app for what you’re looking for can help broaden the dating pool when it comes to meeting singles in Darwin.
Best Dating Sites in Darwin
Find the right dating service for you thanks to our top picks below. These dating sites help members meet singles in Darwin.
- Set up your basic profile for free
- Meet people compatible with you
- For serious relationships
- Trusted site with fantastic reviews
- No fees to create a profile
- Thousands of people joining daily
- Proven track record of successful matchmaking
- Start chatting to like-minded people today
- It costs nothing to get started
- Match with people with similar interests
- Find genuine connection and chemistry
- Free account creation
- Educated, attractive singles
- Meet people with similar wants and needs
- Many new love seekers joining daily
- Best for: Adult dating without a wait
- Free membership: Free registration, limited
- Users: 9 million
- Easy and convenient interface
- Many success stories
- Plenty of attractive members for you to have fun with
Darwin Singles: Where Do Singles Meet in Darwin?
Where exactly can you meet Darwin singles? Let’s take a look.
Single Events in Darwin
Aside from exploring the area and hoping that the person that catches your eye is single, you can attend exclusive events for Darwin singles.
Try single’s karaoke or dinner connections to meet your next romantic interest.
Speed Dating in Darwin
Arguably, one of the most time-efficient ways to meet other singles and get to know them better is by speed dating.
Darwin has a plethora of options for speed dating, regardless what the common ground you wish to meet singles is based upon. Whether it’s your favourite pets, personal beliefs, or something else, chances are Darwin is hosting regular speed dating events that fit your preferences.
Where Can I Go on a Date in Darwin?
Darwin is a city filled with romantic views, exciting activities, and smiling faces. There’s no shortage of places to go on a date here.
Try a picnic on Cullen Bay sandbar at low tide if you’re feeling romantic. Consider a day trip to Kakadu and Litchfield national parks for something more adventurous. You can even get a bird’s eye view with an exclusive helicopter ride!
Rules/Tips for Dating in Darwin
If you’re open to dating in Darwin, there are a couple of tips you should be aware of. We’ve outlined a few below:
- Play it safe: Darwin is generally safe, with a safety index of 41.47. Still, it’s important to be cautious when meeting someone new. Always be aware of your surroundings and opt for a public place for your first date.
- Be open-minded: Darwin is home to more than 60 nationalities, so your willingness to learn about different cultures and your potential partner’s traditions could go a long way.
- Male vs Female: Darwin and the Northern Territories have a male to female ratio of 51.8 percent male to 48.2 percent female. This is the opposite of a majority of Australia, so heterosexual women may have a better chance of finding a single partner in Darwin than heterosexual men do of finding a single woman.
Find your dating in the Australia city guide below: