Dating on its own is tricky, but dating during a pandemic is a whole other challenge. Research shows over 1.5 million Sydney singles, which continues to grow each year. That said, there are tons of opportunities to start dating in Sydney, from online dating apps and websites to events for singles.
For all the Sydney singles out there, here’s a guide to help you find the perfect date!
Dating in Sydney: How Do I Find a Date in Sydney?
Thanks to technology, it’s now easier to find new people to connect with and date. So if you’re ready to dive into the online dating world, below are some apps and websites you can use to connect with others. This is a great way to get started with dating in Sydney.
Popular dating apps include tinder, bumble, and hinge, but below we also mention our recommendations for the best dating apps in Sydney.
- Tinder. We couldn’t forget about Tinder on this list. Tinder has undoubtedly solidified itself as a top dating app in Australia. The basic version is free and easy to use.
- Bumble. Out of the 1.5 million Sydney singles, over 800,000 are women. Thus, you can’t go wrong with Bumble, where women can make the first move by swiping right. It’s known for making great matches, but it might not be the most friendly choice for single men.
- Hinge. Hinge is another popular dating app similar to Tinder and Bumble, but the main difference is that it’s designed for more serious dating.
Best Dating Apps in Sydney
If you want to meet singles in Sydney, we recommend checking out these dating app top picks.
- Free account creation
- Educated, attractive singles
- Meet people with similar wants and needs
- Many new love seekers joining daily
- No fees to create a profile
- Thousands of people joining daily
- Proven track record of successful matchmaking
- Start chatting to like-minded people today
- Easy and convenient interface
- Many success stories
- Plenty of attractive members for you to have fun with
- #1 trusted dating app in Australia
- For serious, long-term relationships
- Free registration
- It costs nothing to get started
- Match with people with similar interests
- Find genuine connection and chemistry
- Large database of verified & attractive Asian and European singles
- Efficient communication tools for real relationships
- Top-level safety and professional support
- Where you could find love and romance without boundaries
- Our instant messaging service brings you closer together than ever before.
- Best for: Singles looking for no strings attached fun
- Free membership: Free registration, limited
- Users: 54 million
- Meet real asian, european, and latino singles
- Real-time communication with efficient tools
- Professional dating services
Sydney Singles: Where Do Singles Meet?
A great thing about Sydney is that it considers single individuals and makes it so that people have a place to hang out and find partners. If you want to change from online dating, these events could be a breath of fresh air.
- Single events in Sydney: There are tons of single events organized in Sydney to bring together singles to find a match, connect with others and build connections.
- Speed dating events in Sydney: Speed dating events are also widespread in Sydney. Do a quick search online, and you should find the upcoming events scheduled within your area and your age range.
Why Is Dating in Sydney so Hard? What Are Some Rules to Follow?
Sydney is a melting pot of cultures, resulting in an exciting pool of candidates. Of course, the pandemic adds another layer of challenge, so here are some important rules you should follow when dating in Sydney:
- Sydney is open to modern dating, so couples don’t usually assume monogamy at the start, since hook up culture is alive and well.
- With 65% of people between the ages of 16 and 34 thinking “ghosting” is an acceptable method, you may encounter some letdowns on your dating journey.
- Be creative! Sydney offers plenty of options for a date outdoors. Skip the bar and try an outdoor activity together like a stroll around Sydney Harbour, or check out the views of Palm Beach from the hidden Bible Garden.
- While a relaxed city, Sydney isn’t always informal. Don’t be afraid to ditch the t-shirt and jeans for a smart outfit if the situation calls for it.
Dating in Sydney During a COVID Pandemic Lockdown
Without a doubt, there are additional challenges to dating in Sydney during a global pandemic. For example, if cases are rising, you may only be able to go on virtual dates, or if you can go on in-person dates, you have to limit your physical contact.
In a way, the dating experience has become less organic because people can’t act naturally. As such, it’s essential to take things slowly to make up for the compromises required along the way. The thing to remember is no matter what the situation is, love will find a way – it always does.
Find your dating in the Australia city guide below: