Melbourne is the capital of the state of Victoria. The city is the second-most populous city of Australia, with almost 400,000 of them single and looking to explore dating in Melbourne.
Individuals choosing to date in Melbourne should feel at peace knowing that The Economist’s 2021 Safe Cities Index recognizes the city in the 2nd best category of high safety level.
With this in mind, this article should help you with the need-to-knows when dating in Melbourne.
Dating in Melbourne: How Do I Meet Someone in Melbourne?
Whether you’re looking for the best dating apps or websites, here is our top suggestions for dating online in Melbourne.
- Free account creation
- Educated, attractive singles
- Meet people with similar wants and needs
- Many new love seekers joining daily
- No fees to create a profile
- Thousands of people joining daily
- Proven track record of successful matchmaking
- Start chatting to like-minded people today
- Easy and convenient interface
- Many success stories
- Plenty of attractive members for you to have fun with
- #1 trusted dating app in Australia
- For serious, long-term relationships
- Free registration
- It costs nothing to get started
- Match with people with similar interests
- Find genuine connection and chemistry
- Large database of verified & attractive Asian and European singles
- Efficient communication tools for real relationships
- Top-level safety and professional support
- Where you could find love and romance without boundaries
- Our instant messaging service brings you closer together than ever before.
- Best for: Singles looking for no strings attached fun
- Free membership: Free registration, limited
- Users: 54 million
- Meet real asian, european, and latino singles
- Real-time communication with efficient tools
- Professional dating services
Melbourne Singles: Where Do Other Singles Meet in Melbourne?
There are many places in Melbourne that take into consideration single individuals. These are as follows:
Events for Singles
Singles events, like speed dating, are great for meeting a potential partner. Eventbrite and other websites host events such as singles parties. These include Christmas and New Year’s singles parties in time for the holidays, which you can register or buy tickets for online.
Singles Events Melbourne organizes speed dates in the Northern suburbs, South-Eastern side, Eastside, and the Central Business District (CBD) Midweek Speed Dating. They also run events for Melbourne singles over the 50s, showing there is no age limit for love.
Alive in the Dark
Revolver Upstairs and New Guernica are two of the best nightclubs to go on raves. You might find your partner to dance the night away while techno music from famous DJs plays in the background.
The Night Cat and Bird’s Basement are two well-known live-Jazz venues in the city. Both of these venues have distinct stages of their own, which offer you the chance to watch the performers while enjoying the company of your date.
Melbourne’s transportation paves the way for safe enjoyment even in the late hours of the night. Some public trains and trams could lead you to and from your destination until 1 A.M. There are also 24/7-night buses on selected routes to and from popular destinations on weekends.
People in Melbourne love to contribute what they can for those who need it the most. You may meet your soulmate in the next charity event hosted by Feast of Merit, Lady Carolina, or any other charitable cause in the block.
You could also meet your next love volunteering at one of Melbourne’s many public advocate opportunities. This is a great way to make a difference and meet someone who actively shares your interests.
Why Is Melbourne the Best City for Dating?
There are so many places in Melbourne that promote a good space where you can find partners of similar interests.
Melbourne may be the second-largest city in Australia, but the crime rates remain low. Recently, the Economist Intelligence Unit’s Safe Cities Index (SCI) rated Melbourne as the 9th safest city in the world with a score of 78.6, placing it in the “very high” category for safety.
Something for Everyone
With the vast array of neighbourhoods in Melbourne, there’s sure to be an area for meeting locals that will appeal to anyone.
From the entertainment centre of St Kilda to the music filling the streets in Brunswick, or the hip and eccentric Collingwood to the more upscale South Yarra, you’re sure to find the compatible partner you’re looking for.
Because Melbourne is further south than other big cities like Sydney, it has real seasons, which give you an opportunity to go on different types of dates that other, warmer areas might miss out on. After all, who doesn’t love a mug of something hot in front of the fire on a chilly night?
Whether it’s surfing in summer or taking a stroll through some striking trees as they change colour in autumn, there’s always something to appeal to each season.
Find your dating in the Australia city guide below: